2021 National Youth Leadership Training
NYLT TOP GUN
July 31st- August 2nd and August 6th-8th
An NYLT course is ideal for training youth leaders. It can also be a valuable
experience for other older Scouts and Venturers. In order to attend an NYLT course, a youth must have the following qualifications by the beginning of the course:
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
- Scouts must be 13 years of age and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program registration.
- They must be a First Class Scout and have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships.
- It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience. While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
- Have a unit leader recommendation.
The course fee is $150. Needs-based scholarships are available. Complete and submit the Request for Financial Assistance must be turned in no later than June 20th
Families should be aware that the staff is taking all necessary precautions suggested by Camp Raven Knob, who gets their recommendations from the Surry County Health Department, State of NC, and Center for Disease Control. In all group settings facial coverings or masks, will be required to attend NYLT. There will many breaks where the masks can come off but for the sake of all staff and participants, masks are a required item to bring and wear.
There will be multiple hand washing stations and hand sanitizer at all tables. Temperature checks will be done twice a day by our health officer. In the large open shelter where troop meetings are held, all surfaces will be sanitized twice a day. Everyone in the vehicle that comes to camp will have a temperature check. If anyone has a fever in that vehicle, your child may not be allowed to enter the camp, let alone attend NYLT. Participants will be asked to log temperature 7 days before the course and 14 days after the course.
|2021 NYLT Covid 19 Release form||Download|
|2021 NYLT Photo Release form||Download|
|BSA Medical Form (Current)||All participants in all Scouting activities complete Part A and Part B. Give the completed forms to your unit leader. This applies to all activities, day camps, local tours, and weekend camping trips less than 72 hours. Update at least annually.||Download|
|NYLT Unit Leader Approval Form||Download|
|Outdoor Parental Release Form (RKSR-R)||The Outdoor Parental Release form must be signed by a parent or guardian for any Scout attending Summer Camp at Camp Raven Knob.||Download|