2024 Unit Charter Renewal
Rechartering is now Unit Charter Renewal!
See UPDATES 2/27/24 in the Resource Section for up to date information!
The 2024 Unit Charter Renewal is being processed through My.Scouting this year.
There are some slight changes to how things have been done in the past. The most significant is that the Unit Charter Renewal and the Individual Membership Registration Renewal are separate processes.
Registration renewal will be completed by adult members and parents of youth members online. Families will receive email notifications at 45, 30, 15, 7 day intervals beginning on February 15. Youth renewal is dependent on parent/guardian email addresses. Units will have the option to allow some families to pay in an alternate way (to the unit or to the council), but this should be for unique circumstances.
What Units should complete in preparation for Unit Charter Renewal and Membership Renewal:
- Roster checks for adults- positions for 2024, YPT dates, other training dates, primary unit for renewal purposes for multiples
- Roster checks for youth- parent relationships, email addresses, updated information as needed.
- Identify youth and/or adults the unit will pay for or whose families will need to pay in an alternate way
- Ensure all Key 3 have access to the unit Organization/Position Manager Tool in My.Scouting
- For OHC Chartered Units, securing a Chartered Organization and completing paperwork in advance of recharter. See your District Executive for support.
February 15 (updated) – Online Charter Renewal System Opens viaMy.Scouting.org
- Your username and password is the same ones you already use for My.Scouting
- Committee Chair, Unit Leader (Cub Master, Scout Master, Crew Advisor, Post Advisor), Chartered Organization Representative, and Key 3 Delegate have access.
- We suggest that you download a copy of your adult roster with all necessary information (YPT dates, email address, registration expiration date) in order to make notes as you progress through the online verification process.
February 8- Wachovia Roundtable Information and Q&A Session
February 12- Blue Ridge Roundtable Information and Q&A Session
February 13- Seven Rivers Roundtable Information and Q&A Session
February 15- Membership Renewal Emails sent out from National
Parents will receive the email for youth members
Adults will receive an email to the email address marked as primary on their My.Scouting profile
Key 3 will receive a summary email for their unit monthly
Februrary 15 – Lunchtime with the Registrar in the Old Hickory Council Service Center 11:00 am
February 21 – Online Teams Sessions with the Registrar 12:00-1:00 pm Click here to join the meeting
February 27 – Online Teams Help Session with the Registrar 6:30-7:30 pm Click here to join the meeting
March 5 – Online Teams Help Session with the Registrar 11:00 am-12:00 pm Click here to join the meeting
March 7 – Lunchtime with the Registrar in the Old Hickory Council Service Center 12:00-1:00 pm
March 13 – Online Teams Help Session with the Registrar 6:30-7:30 pm Click here to join the meeting
March 15 – Unit Renewals due by 4:00pm
March 20 – Letters for those defective or not submitted to IH, CC, SM/CM
March 31 – System Closes for Online Unit Charter Renewal
February/March: District Executive Support Appointments (Click the District Name to Schedule a Time).
- Blue Ridge- District Executive- Lee Setzer
- Seven Rivers- District Executive- Chris Lawson
- Wachovia- District Executive- Carl Marshall
- Wachovia- District Director- Chris Duggins
- Wilkes- District Executive- Lee Setzer
- Director of Field Service- David Gilbert
Additional Resources from National BSA: Coming Soon
Please let us know how we can help you complete the Unit Charter Renewal by March 15, 2024!
|Frequently Asked Questions Resource
|Membership Renewal Guide from National
|Membership Updates February 2024- One Pager
|Renewal Information Presentation
|Unit Charter Renewal Guide from National
|Unit Pay for Member Renewal Guide from National