March 26, 2020
The Old Hickory Council Service Center will be CLOSED for non-essential operations for a 30-day period starting 03/23/2020. The potential to close for a longer period may be necessary.
The Scout Shop will be open THIS FRIDAY (3/27) ONLY from 12 - 4 PM for people to pick up items/information and Scout Shop orders. Orders may be emailed to Traci Stanley at email@example.com.
March 18, 2020
Dear Scouting Families:
As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is our top priority. We know there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, could affect local Scouting programs in the Old Hickory Council. Please know that we are monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 both locally and through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
The following information regarding local events and prevention measures is based on the latest available guidance. As this is an evolving situation, this information is subject to change. We will continue to update you on relevant developments, and we appreciate your understanding of any necessary adjustments in the interest of health and safety.
Status of Council Events
- District and Council meetings are cancelled through May 1st. Teleconferencing will be encouraged. Please contact Sandy Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling your conference calls.
- All training events have been cancelled through May 1st.
- Currently all summer programs – day camps, summer camp, cub resident camp, etc. are still scheduled. The first payment date of April 15th has been extended to May 8th.
- All camp activities at Camp Raven Knob and Raven Point including weekend camping and hiking are closed through May 1st.
- The OA One Day of Service is cancelled.
- The OA Conclave has been rescheduled to August 28-30, 2020.
- The Distinguished Citizen Dinner has been postponed until the fall. To be rescheduled.
- The Sporting Clays Event has been postponed until the fall. To be rescheduled
- The Sale of Camp Cards will be extended until June 30, 2020.
Rechartering will continue as scheduled. All recharter paperwork should be scanned and emailed to Ted Gordon at email@example.com. For those who do not have access to a scanner, recharter packages can be placed in the drop box outside the employee entrance of the Council Service Center. The drop box will be checked daily.
We encourage you to make payments online. If necessary, payments can be mailed to the council office or put in the drop box outside the employee entrance of the Council Service Center. For credit card payments, please call the council office to arrange payment.
Ted Gordon will available for any rechartering questions while Diane Clinard is out on medical leave. You can email Ted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council Service Center
- The Old Hickory Council will be closed for non-essential operations for a 30-day period starting 03/23/2020. The potential to close for a longer period may be necessary.
- The Council Office will be open Fridays from 12pm - 4pm for customers/volunteers to pick up items/information and to pick up Scout Shop orders.
- Office Employees will only be in the office for brief periods.
The Scout Shop will be closed. Orders may be emailed to Traci Stanley at email@example.com. On Fridays the Scout Shop will be open 12pm-4pm to pick up orders and make payments.
Bookmark this page for all updates on the Covid-19 virus and how it affects Scouting. All updates will also be put on Facebook.
Phone calls to specific employees can be made to the direct lines listed on the website staff page OldHickoryCouncil.org/staff. District Executives will have their office calls forwarded to their cell phones. These numbers are posted on the website OldHickoryCouncil.org/staff. Phone calls to the front desk will be forwarded to the staff member handling the front desk and forwarded by email to the appropriate individual.
To contact a specific staff member by email, go to OldHickoryCouncil.org/staff and clicking on the email tab for that employee. They will receive that email directly into their email account.
Thank you for your patience during these uncertain times. In times of crisis the Scouting organization has always set the example and demonstrated the Scout motto of “Be Prepared”. Let’s all do our part to keep each other safe.
John Loftis, President
Bill Orr, Council Commissioner
Drew Armstrong, Scout Executive