May 14, 2020
Winston-Salem Scout Shop Hours: The shop will reopen on 5/20 with limited hours: Tuesday- Friday 10am-6pm, and Saturday from 10-1pm.
Old Hickory Council Administrative Office Hours: The Service Center will reopen on Monday 5/18. Office hours will remain Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM.
We will be following the NC Governor’s Phase 1 protocols, including face masks, social distancing and a limit of 10 people in the office at a time.
May 10, 2020
The Old Hickory Council & Raven Knob Staff have decided to delay the beginning of the 2020 Summer Camp Season until July 5, 2020. This requires canceling Cub Resident Camp along with Scouts, BSA weeks 1 & 2. We have re-instated week 7 (Aug. 2-8) to provide more flexibility for troops. If your troop was scheduled for one of the canceled weeks, you will be able to reschedule for the other weeks of camp. Please view the rest of the information posted on the Raven Knob Website at www.ravenknob.com/covid19.
April 21, 2020
Moving forward, contact Diane Clinard for recharter/membership information/assistance. She can be reached at: 336-971-4189, Scan & email to email@example.com, or mail directly to her home address: 441 Markland Rd, Advance, NC 27006
March 26, 2020
The Old Hickory Council Service Center will be CLOSED for non-essential operations through 03/23/2020. The potential to close for a longer period may be necessary.
The Scout Shop will be open THIS FRIDAY (3/27) ONLY from 12 - 4 PM for people to pick up items/information and Scout Shop orders. Orders may be emailed to Traci Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 18, 2020
Dear Scouting Families:
As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is our top priority. We know there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, could affect local Scouting programs in the Old Hickory Council. Please know that we are monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 both locally and through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
The following information regarding local events and prevention measures is based on the latest available guidance. As this is an evolving situation, this information is subject to change. We will continue to update you on relevant developments, and we appreciate your understanding of any necessary adjustments in the interest of health and safety.
Status of Council Events
- District and Council meetings are cancelled through May 1st. Teleconferencing will be encouraged. Please contact Sandy Scott at email@example.com for scheduling your conference calls.
- All training events have been cancelled through May 1st.
- Currently all summer programs – day camps, summer camp, cub resident camp, etc. are still scheduled. The first payment date of April 15th has been extended to May 8th.
- All camp activities at Camp Raven Knob and Raven Point including weekend camping and hiking are closed through May 1st.
- The OA One Day of Service is cancelled.
- The OA Conclave has been rescheduled to August 28-30, 2020.
- The Distinguished Citizen Dinner has been postponed until the fall. To be rescheduled.
- The Sporting Clays Event has been postponed until the fall. To be rescheduled
- The Sale of Camp Cards will be extended until June 30, 2020.
Online rechartering will continue as scheduled. All recharter paperwork should be scanned and emailed to Diane Clinard at firstname.lastname@example.org. For those of you who do not have access to a scanner, recharter packages can be mailed to Old Hickory Council 6600 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem, NC 27106.
We encourage you to make payments online. If payment can’t be made online, please include a check with your recharter paperwork to the council office. Also, please include your 2019 Journey To Excellence form along with your recharter.
Council Service Center
- The Old Hickory Council will be closed for non-essential operations for a 30-day period starting 03/23/2020. The potential to close for a longer period may be necessary.
- The Council Office will be open Fridays from 12pm - 4pm for customers/volunteers to pick up items/information and to pick up Scout Shop orders.
- Office Employees will only be in the office for brief periods.
The Scout Shop will be closed. Orders may be emailed to Traci Stanley at email@example.com. On Fridays the Scout Shop will be open 12pm-4pm to pick up orders and make payments.
Bookmark this page for all updates on the Covid-19 virus and how it affects Scouting. All updates will also be put on Facebook.
Phone calls to specific employees can be made to the direct lines listed on the website staff page OldHickoryCouncil.org/staff. District Executives will have their office calls forwarded to their cell phones. These numbers are posted on the website OldHickoryCouncil.org/staff. Phone calls to the front desk will be forwarded to the staff member handling the front desk and forwarded by email to the appropriate individual.
To contact a specific staff member by email, go to OldHickoryCouncil.org/staff and clicking on the email tab for that employee. They will receive that email directly into their email account.
Thank you for your patience during these uncertain times. In times of crisis the Scouting organization has always set the example and demonstrated the Scout motto of “Be Prepared”. Let’s all do our part to keep each other safe.
John Loftis, President
Bill Orr, Council Commissioner
Drew Armstrong, Scout Executive