Use Internet Advancement to
- Add ranks, merit badges, and awards and update information on existing advancements (except the Eagle Scout rank).
- Submit advancement for unit youth members online
- Print a unit roster
If you have new Scouts that do not show up in internet advancement, you will need to reload your roster. To do so, you will need to submit advancement to the council that you may have on hold or click on the "start over" button at the top, right side of the screen.
To use Internet Advancement:
1. Select the unit advancement processor.
2. Obtain a unit ID code from the council. - 336-760-2900
3. Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
4. Click Internet Advancement on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
5. Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the council. Save a copy for your files.
As BSA policies for rank entry are enforced, what units enter will meet these requirements:
- Units should submit reports monthly, before the end of each month, as needed. Units must submit anything not yet reported before December 31 each year.
- Internet Advancement accepts advancement upload files from unit-management software. If you have a Scout earning advancement that is not listed on your roster in ScoutNet, that Scout needs to be registered. Please turn in an application for the Scout and a separate advancement form that lists his advancement(s). Changes and updates are not officially recorded until the paperwork is submitted to the Council Office.
- It is still required that advancement reports are turned into the Council Office or the Scout Shop. The Scout Shop requires an advancement report to be handed in before purchasing badges and ranks.