An exceptional opportunity to be a part of an organization dedicated to preparing our youth to become our leaders of tomorrow. The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation's largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations, providing programs for young people that build character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship and develops personal fitness. For more than 100 years, Boy Scouts of America has helped build future leaders by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes — and, through over a century of experience, knows — that helping youth is a key to building a more conscientious, responsible and productive society.
Purpose of Position
As the first contact with customers, volunteers and Scouters, the receptionist reflects the professionalism and core values of the Scouting law that are: trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave clean and reverent. The primary purpose of the receptionist is to greet and assist all customers when they enter the building, answer the phone in a professional manner, and process all monetary transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Greet all customers as they enter the building, directing them as necessary, signing for deliveries, and handling mail.
· Answering all calls, answering all questions as necessary and directing them to proper personnel when required.
· Using the point of sale system, process all monetary transactions for Scouting activities.
· With the assistance of one of the other office staff members, open all mail, enter into the mail log, and process all money that comes in the mail.
· Enter youth advancements into the Scouting computer system.
· Handle the ordering of all office supplies.
· Preparing Certificates of Insurance as necessary.
· Assist other office staff members as needed.
· Process invoices for payment.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
· Strong proficiency in computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
· Detail oriented and organized. Accuracy is critical.
· Prior receptionist experience helpful.
· Experience in Scouting is preferred.
There is potential for additional training in other positions with movement to positions of more responsibility if qualified. This job is 5 days a week for a total of 40 hours; Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 5:30 pm with one hour for lunch.
Send resume by May 15th to Old Hickory Council, BSA, Attn: Becki Hume, 6600 Silas Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC 27106 or to email@example.com.