Greetings Committee Chair, Unit Leader, and Chartered Organization Representative!
Now is the time for you to begin working on your annual Charter Renewal. Here’s a timeline and assistance that’s available for you!
- Now – Roster checks, updating information in the computer. Let the OHC Staff do the work of inputting the information vs having units do it on their own. If you choose to do it on your own, you must still turn in the original copies of the paperwork.
- February 1 – Online Charter Renewal System Opens via https://advancements.scouting.org
- May be accessed by Committee Chair, Top Unit Leader, Chartered Organization Representative, and Key 3 Delegate
- Please note that you will have limited access to entering new advancements, service hours, et. al from when you start the online portion until it is completed.
- We suggest that you download a copy of your roster with addresses, scribble your notes on there and confirm everyone’s renewal, collect fees, and confirm contact information before you begin the online portion.
- March 9 – Lunchtime Registrar & DFS Zoom
- March 15 – Lunchtime Registrar & DFS Zoom
- March 21 – Lunchtime Registrar & DFS Zoom
- March 24 – Charters due by 4:00pm
- March 24 – Letters for those defective or not submitted to IH, CC, SM/CM
- March 31 – System Closes
- All March – Each District Executive will schedule 15 hours in 30-minute blocks for specific help from a Unit Commissioner, District Commissioner, District Executive, District Director, or Director of Field Services. Expect more information to come from your District Executive.
- Wachovia: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d4aaead2fa4fd0-wachovia#/
- Seven Rivers: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/RequestaMeetingWithChrisLawson@BoyScouts.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/s/ndEpNJW2UUyPUc1NuW8WIg2
- Additional Resources – Online Training Video, 2022 User Guide, 2022 Internet Recharter Guideline, FAQ, and Forum Related Questions
Please let us know how we can help you complete the Charter Renewal by March 24, 2023!