Scouting for Food 2023
- Have a plan to remind the youth and adults about the week of February 4th distribution and of the February 11th collection.
- All units should know their assigned territory to distribute the food bags.
- All members, both youth and adults should be in Class A uniform.
- Determine an assembly place and time for February 4th and 11th. (use your regular meeting place or another convenient location)
On Saturday, February 4th:
- Bags with instructions should be distributed beginning at 9:00am.
- Assemble at the meeting place early enough to brief adults and distribute bags.
- Have enough vehicles for the number of youth participating and area to cover.
- All youth should travel in groups of two (2) using the buddy system.
- Vehicles should stay as close to the youth as possible. It is advisable for adults to be on the streets.
- Youth should knock on the door and give the residents the food bag & Insert. If no answer, place on the door handle. DO NOT PUT BAGS IN OR ON THE MAIL BOXES
- Bags should be distributed to residents only. Avoid businesses or apartment dwellings with no solicitation rules.
On Saturday, February 11th:
- Food must be collected beginning no earlier than 9:00am from the same area you distributed bags.
- Arrange for food to be dropped off at your sponsoring organization or other designated location in advance. Food should be dropped off the same day.
- If there is no bag of food at the door, ring the bell or knock (have an additional bag available a scout is prepared). If no answer go to the next house.
- Do not enter any homes.
- Unload and weigh items collected at designated locations.
- Go online by logging on to your My.Scouting.org account and click on the “Service Hours Reporting” to log your hours.
- In order to receive patches, fill out the online form : Report Your Scouting for Food Details